Hi everybody....

Here you are going to find just homeworks.... cuek!!

Friday, October 22, 2010

The use of technology in the classroom

The tipe of information I found was about the use of technology in the classroom. In this article, the author talked about the use of ICOT, what is an application downloaded from ISTE (International Society for Technology in Education), what is a "membership association for educators and education leaders". This article talks about how ICOT can help teachers and students to improve their learning and teaching process. The thing is that, with this program, teachers can autoevaluate themselves, and, in that way, improve their skills in terms of teaching. The usual problem in the society is that teachers do not use technology in their classroom, neither to teach, nor making themselves better teachers.
In my opinion, teachers around the world should be, in some way, interested in technology, because it does not matter if you (as teacher) like it or not. The thing is that students are living other reality, the one that uses technology in everything, and, as we (as teachers) need to teach them in the way that they could learn, we need to be aware of what is interesting for them. What I mean is that, teachers must adapt themselves in the students context, and not the other way around. What is more, technology can help us to know how are we doing in terms of educating people. So that, teachers must be informed about what is new in terms of technology.
Without any doubt, this kind of information is directed to teachers and students, but also, to parents, school's members and the society, because the information is closely related to what happens in the classroom, but it is, also, related to people's education.

http://www.edarticle.com/school-improvement/technology-in-the-classroom.html

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you, I consider teacher should be interested in technology. So what happen with schools? They have responsibility too. Some schools can’t give technology because they don’t have enough resources to offer it. In my opinion, I’m suspicious therefore if I have a laptop and the school don’t have some computer, believe me, I won’t use my laptop in that case. In that case, I prefer looking after it, and search other way to develop the class. Sorry, but I’m selfish with worthless things.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I have time I´m going to use this page. I agree with you teachers don´t use technology but they talk a lot of it. It´s so stupid when they talk about something and then they don´t aplicatted these things in the real life. For that reason, the knowledge is not significant. They talk,for example,about ecology and the question is: are they doing something for sorting global warming out?. Well..I´m talking about the majority of teachers;however,some teachers from our university(at least 3)do something for making the difference. In our university the use of labs is not the best. Teachers could do better things if the labs have microphones and headphones.

    ReplyDelete