Hi everybody....

Here you are going to find just homeworks.... cuek!!

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Mechai Viravaidya: How Mr. Condom made Thailand a better place


The job that they made is fantastic, because that population have added the habit of taking care of themselves and the planet, to their lives. Also, they have made of the use of protection, something normal in their lives. And last but not least, they do not want people to stop having sex, (as our culture promotes most of the times) they know that people do not do it, they just teach them how to deal with the problem of getting pregnant and to protect themselves when they are very poor.
In my oppinion, something similar should happen to culture if we want to make change. If we, as teachers, begin putting ourselves in the other's shoes, we could teach in a better way. What I mean is that, we need to think about the reality that our students are living, before making some change. For instance, if I see that in the school that I work at, there are no habits of taking care of our planet, I cannot just tell my students to look for some ways to protect the environment on internet. We, as good teachers, need to carry all students to a real place, and make them to get involved in the protection of our planet. I strongly believe (and the video and the strike helped me a lot to believe it) that if we are a small group that have some ideas to help some community, and we are organized, we can make a big change and to transmit our enthusiasm to other people. That could help to improve our culture and to feel that we belong to some place.
What I have learned about the strike, mostly, and the video is that I cannot do something big if I am alone. But, what could really work is to promote some idea. For example, if I want to change something from my community, I can talk with other people and try to see if we have the same interests about the topic. If we think alike , we could continue promoting it, and make a bigger group that could make a change. But the true is that if I am alone the only change I can do is in other people thinking, what could be big depending on people organization.

No comments:

Post a Comment